Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bookmarks

Here's the item that was hanging from the Gift Box that I showed you yesterday; it is a ribbon bookmark. I took a 3"x 3"piece of chipboard and attached Designer Series Paper (Bella Birds) to both sides, letting it dry completely before continuing. I than ran the chipboard through my Big Shot using the Stampin' Up Pennant Die. The edges are sponged with Chocolate Chip Craft Ink and then applied Clear Embossing Powder. The letter is from the Lovely Letter Stamp Set (115030) and is also embossed. I used Sticky Strip Tape to secure the ribbon to the scallop medallion. The trick is to make sure you attach the letter correctly on the scallop medallion; think of it as upside down. At the bottom of the ribbon secure a Filigree Designer Brad (112577) with a knot. I would recommend using fray check or a lighter on the end of the ribbon to avoid fraying. I also attached a different design idea.


I made some of these for my son's teachers and they loved them. Now I am off to make a manly bookmark for my husband. Leave a comment and let me know what you think.













No comments:

Post a Comment