Wednesday, July 15, 2009

SC237 Card Sketch- Beware of Pirates




I'm back. I had the hardest time getting out of vacation mode, does that ever happen to you? I guess I was just a little overwhelmed with everything and just did not know where to start. This morning, I decided to start with cleaning out my retired stamps sets and reorganizing my shelves. Soon I found myself getting into the stamping mood and started making a few needed cards before played with my new stuff.

Today, I am showing you the last card I made - "Beware of Pirates". This is one of my play cards and my version of the Card Sketch SC237 from SplitcoastStampers. This is one of the new stamp sets -"Beware Pirates" (#115187, $26.95, page 81 IBC), I love this set and had to get it. My husband and boys just love pirates. I have been waiting for Stampin' Up! to make some good pirate stamps. Yeah! Beware, you will see a lot from this stamp set.
This card is made with some of the new in-colors - Crushed Curry, & Soft Suede (textured). I'm afraid to say but ever since I got the new in-colors, I have been a little anxious with using them, I was just not sure what colors they would go with and I just missed some of my favorite color combinations. I knew I wanted to use the Crushed Curry and Soft Suede but I needed another color. I used the new Stampin' Up! In Color Combination Chart and saw that Old Olive would work. I cut my paper using "The Tearing Edge" tool to give it that distressed torn look. Than I run the Crushed Curry and Old Olive through my Big Shot using the Texturz Plates Kit #4. The Old Olive and Very Vanilla was run through my Crimper a few times changing the direction and flattening it out with the edge of the desk. I added the pewter jumbo eyelets, I really wanted the Antique Brass better but I keep forgetting to order more.
That is all for now. If you have any questions, please send me an email.
Thanks,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment