Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thoughts and Prayers


This is the first card I created yesterday. While I was on vacation, my friend's husband passed away after fighting a seven year battle with cancer. I had to make her a card. I wanted to use my "Thoughts and Prayers" stamp set on page 52. Oh course I don't any DSP with the new in-colors and I was still not sure what to do with the new in colors, so I went with my favorite color combination (Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip) and one of my favorite retired Designer Series Paper. The Chocolate Chip Paper, ribbon and the Stamp Set is the only thing that is not retired on this card. LOL Oh well, I did like the way it turned out.


After I made the above card, I went looking through the only new paper pack I have "Tall Tales". I used the same layout and made the card below. I did not use the new in-colors but everything I used is from the new catalog. Yeah! The colors are So Saffron and Old Olive. I like the way this one turned out, brighter.


Thanks for looking, If you have any questions, please send me an email.
Thanks,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. I love both of these - nice job! What kind of punch did you use on the mat for the sentiment?? I LIKE that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cherie,

    Thank you! I used the Stampin' Up! Lots of Tags Sizzlits Die- #114508 - Tag #4, it works perfectly with the Wide Oval Punch. I love is die set.
    I hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are great -- I will probably be casing this for my club! :) (I saw one of them on splitcoast)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete