Saturday, February 25, 2012

Our Creative Corner - Off the Page Challenge



A couple weeks ago, Tui Nathan asked me to be a Guest Designer this week for "Our Creative Corner".  I was so honored and I couldn't wait to play along. The challenge this week is:  "Over the Edge" - create a card, or paper craft item with a design element that is not restricted to the boundaries of the card edges, and continues to flow off the edge of the card, for instance this could be a die cut element, a sentiment banner, a fussy cut image, ribbon etc. Push your design to the edge .... and have fun!"

If you have not notice, lately I have been in love with these multi-loop bows, so I knew this would be the item that went off the page.  I am not sure about you but I usually always start with designs in my head, I have to think it through before I sit down to create something.  Oh course sometimes, I do sit down and what I was thinking, just was not working out.  This was one of the cards, I'm not sure why but this is my second attempt. I could not find room on the front of the card for the saying.  That is when I decided to turn it into a Easel Card.  Take a look at the Easel Card Open, which I guess when you look at it open, the frame-lit is another element that flows off the card.

Pin It 


I love these colors together, can you believe that Blushing Bride is set to retire at the end of May. I had so much fun playing along and joining "Our Creative Corner" this week.  So if you have not already, hop on over to "Our Creative Corner" and take a look at what the other designers created and you should play along.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen


Supplies - All products listed are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

Stamps:  Happiness Shared (#120534, pg 122), Petite Pairs (#122497, pg 164)   

Paper: Watercolor Paper (#122959, pg 181), Very Vanilla (#101650, pg 180), Sahara Sand (#121043, pg 180), Perfect Plum (#101889, pg 178), Blushing Bride (#119796, pg 176) 

Punches/Dies:  Framelits Dies Labels Collection (#125598, pg 6, Occasion Mini Catalog), Scallop Oval (#119856, pg 210), Large Oval (#119855, pg 212), Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (#120175, pg 219), Corner Rounder

Ink:  Staz On Stamp Pad (#101406, pg 203), Watercolor Wonder Crayons (pg 202), Perfect Plum (#101437, pg 178), Sahara Sand (#105208, pg 180), Blushing Bride (#119786, pg 176)

Embellishments: Very Vanilla ½” Seam Binding Ribbon (#120999, pg 195), Jewels - Basic Pearls (#119247, pg 198), 

Accessories:  Frost White Mist Shimmer Paint (#116854, pg 203), Aqua Painter (#103954, pg 203), Dazzling Details (#124117) 

Adhesives: SNAIL Adhesive (#104332, pg 206), Stampin Dimensionals (#104430, pg 206), 



8 comments:

  1. As I mentioned before Karen, this card is oh so stunning ... but where do I start, the colours, the shimmery spritz, the texture - superb! And of course your multi-loop ribbon bows and classic pearls add that finishing and elegant touch!
    Thank you once again for joining us as Guest Designer and sharing with all your creative talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty as an Easel Card! I love the shimmer paint on your card stock! Must get me some! Beautiful colored rose here and I'm lovin' your triple bow! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen
    Congratulations on being GD this week on OCC.
    You have made one delightful card for the Challenge Tui will be thrilled as am I, Pink and Purple are complimentary to each other so always work well and kind to the eye, your design is just beautiful, and every element flows. Great idea to make an easel card too.
    I hope you will join us again at OCC. it will be lovely to see more of your cards.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so sweet and elegant, Karen! I really love the color palette you used. Wonderful design, super texture and that shimmer and the pearls are a perfect "frosting on the cake"! Thanks so much for being our guest designer this week. You certainly did us proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Karen, love the easel card, all your embossing, that pretty flower and gorgeous bow!! Simply stunning!! Thanks for guest designing with us this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Karen! I love your color palette you used with that image. And all that texture looks fab with the die cuts! Congrats on your guest designer position this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Karen! Before I get to your beautiful card, I wanted to tell you how awesome it is that you are joining us this week as a Guest Designer at Our Creative Corner! Your card is stunning! I just love all of the detail you added, epecially that sparkle. The easel design is so perfect for the challenge, too. Very clever! Have a great day! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen. I really enjoy your blog - you make amazing projects! I have given you the "Liebster Blog Award". Check out my blog to find out why - www.inkinitupwithdiane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete