Saturday, September 7, 2013

Merry Christmas Card


Here is a card I made using the new Expressions Thinlits Dies in the Holiday Catalog.  If you have not heard the trick with the thinlit dies; use a sheet of wax paper between the die and cardstock and use your paper-piercing tool on the back side of the die to help pop out the cut-out.  

On this card, I layered the Merry on the card front with Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive.  I wanted to give it a different look.  This card is a good way to use up some scraps from the Season of Style Designer Series Paper Stack for the tags and for the inside of the card.  

This is a little new for me but this is one of the simplest Christmas cards I have made in awhile.  I guess I could not leave it that way; to me it looked like it was missing something.  I went back to the card and embossed the crumb cake layer but I trimmed it wrong and I had to change the card base around and added another layer.  Look below.


 I do like the crumb cake layer embossed but I don't think you have to add the additional layer.  I do like the Old Olive Card base with the Cherry Cobbler Ribbon.  

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for stopping by,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment