Friday, May 15, 2015

Floral Frames Framelit and In-Colors



Not ready to say goodbye to the in-colors, which I really will miss.  I thought I would make some Flower Pens and Flower Clips to have on my desk and refrigerator, so I can remember them.     These are really easy to put together, my daughter even made some for her teacher last week.    The most time consuming thing is cutting out the flowers using the Floral Framelits and spraying them using the Stampin Spritzer filled with Reinker (15-25 drops), and Rubbing Alcohol and letting them dry.  I used 5-6 flowers for each pen or clip.  To make the clips I stapled the flowers making an X and attach the flower to the clip using the glue gun.  With the smaller flowers clips I added some leaves to the back of the flower.  

To make the pens, I cut an X to the middle of the flowers (A stack of 5-6 flowers).  One by one attach each flower to the pen using the Hot Glue Gun.  I added a piece of ribbon to the bottom of each flower to finish the look.  I got the idea of the pens from  -{Paper Flower Pens}- aRTful Stampin tutorial - She has a video tutorial on youtube,  She used a punch and Designer Series Paper.  I really liked the look and feel of the Filter Paper and I wanted to use the Floral Framelits.  I did not use the tweezers to the filter flowers.   

FYI: I ran out of Stampin Up Filter Paper and used some coffee filters, I did not think they were different but they are.  If you look closely at a few of them you can see the texture from the Coffee Filters.  They are a bit stiffer than our paper.  I really like our paper.   I also think the Framelits work a little better with the Filter Paper than the punches.  That is why the Floral Framelits work so well with this project. 

Don't forget they are on the Retired List so get them while you can! 

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think.




No comments:

Post a Comment