Sunday, November 15, 2015

Square Easel Shaker Card


After I made the Shaker Card yesterday, I really wanted one with the snowman from the White Christmas Stamp Set.  I love that stamp set and have not played with it yet this year.  I was torn between the Real Red and Crumb Cake or the Lost Lagoon and Soft Sky, so I decided to do both.  I love the Real Red with the Crumb Cake, I just like the look of the trees and snow against the Crumb Cake but I love a blue snow card.  I made the frames first with the picture and built the easel card to go with the frame (It is a big frame).  I really did not want to make a big square card because I did not want to mess with making envelopes as well.  When making this card, you have to be careful with lining everything up so the card will fit inside a regular envelope.  
This is a little different take on an easel card, because the card front is not the full size, so when the Card is closed you see the "Merry Christmas ..." saying.   I used 1/4" strips of Fun Foam to make the shaker instead of using the framelit to cutout the foam.  For me it was easier to line the strips of foam instead of lining up the square cutout.  

After I stamped my inside piece with the trees and the snowman.  I stamped the snow from the White Christmas Stamp Set with Craft Whisper White Ink.  Used my 2-way glue pen to parts of the trees and the snowy bottom and applied the Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.  The Dazzling Diamonds did stick to some of the snow, which made me happy.     


Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!
Karen




2 comments:

  1. Great cards! Love the idea of a square shaker card. Will have to give it a try. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards. I will try this one.

    ReplyDelete